List:       quanta
Subject:    Re: [Quanta] backup (getting off topic)
From:       Andrew Lowe <andrew.lowe () manildra ! com ! au>
Date:       2006-05-03 23:54:33

On Wednesday 03 May 2006 17:41, Onno Timmerman wrote:
> Is there a easy way to delete al the backup files when a project is
> finished. Like index.php~
> Because there is always a danger that one of the files gets uploaded,
> that is a security risk!

Sorry for the second reply, this also just came to me...
If you are using apache you could block your backup files using a .htaccess
file or in your apache configuration file (you will probably have to the the
server admin to make the change - unless you are the server admin, but
the .htaccess will probably work - but you need one in each directory).

This may work, but I am not sure:
Default Backup Style
	<Files *~>
		Order Deny, Allow
		Deny from all
	</Files>
My Backup Style
	<Files ~BAK~*>
		Order Deny, Allow
		Deny from all
	</Files>
I do not use this myself... however with some further investigation it may
help...
Google: apache block files

--
Andrew Lowe