List:       quanta
Subject:    Re: [Quanta] We need sponsorship help!
From:       Eric Laffoon <sequitur () kde ! org>
Date:       2006-03-27 8:56:54

On Saturday 25 March 2006 11:23 pm, rwh wrote:
> i'll be dropping 800 euro in Andras's account in the coming week.

In case anyone is thinking this resolves our funding issues this was planned
on. This is Robert's annual sponsorship. I'm not sure if he intended to post
the list or not. Andras needs to leave this money in his account for annual
expenses like taxes.

I always hate to ask for money on the list. Hopefully I will be feeling well
enough on my birthday to finish debugging what we need to get the KStuff
functionality working online. That will enable us to have a news story on the
dot and something to ask the public for funding with. It has been difficult
only being able to work an hour or two at a time once or twice a day.

In case anyone is interested this request for help has generated 2 donations
totalling $60. We also had a $50 monthly subscriber fail this month so we're
up a net $10. Currently the list has 522 subscribers including newsgroup
subscribers which have multiple readers. Unfortunately I really am on doctor
ordered bed rest and March 27th really is my birthday. (The date is not
unfortunate, the number is.) I am also still short of what I owe Andras and
late paying him. I would have paid out of pocket but lost income and doctor
and veterinary bills have left me little extra money.

We've had some incredible responses from users on this list in the past and I
don't want to take away from that or wear out my welcome... but if I could
get 1 or 2 out of 100 subscribers to help us it would cheer me up.

News Flash. I just checked my other mailbox... Werner Joss has very generously
enabled me to pay Andras for March. There is still next month and remember I
live in the GMT-8 time zone on the US West coast so birthday gratuities are
welcome. I'm eager to be even more active in this project but I very nearly
worked myself to death so I have to sit around and follow my naturopathic
doctors orders until I can go full throttle again. I've lost two very close
companions this year. I could really use some more cheering up.
--
Eric Laffoon - Quanta+ Team Leader
http://quanta.kdewebdev.org