List:       quanta
Subject:    Re: [Quanta] PHP Indenting
From:       Marko McLion <mclion () obala ! net>
Date:       2006-03-15 9:29:11

On Wednesday 15 March 2006 10:05, Andras Mantia wrote:

Sorry Andras, but as of your writing somebody would think, that you don't use
Quanta for PHP at all and neither does nobody that develops it. OK, Kate is
guilty for the faulty indentation of PHP. Their effort is on C, Java and
such. But they have developed a system as I understand that in theory could
enable this type of indentation in PHP (works in C/C++ and Java)...

Why nobody writes this thing/extension/whatever it is for the Kate part and
puts it in Quanta? Maybe even a script to download from the kdewebdev
site...I'd be more than happy even with a simple "you should do this and this
and copy this code there to make it work" in the FAQ on the site.

Your answer (and of many developers, I mean no offence) is like "we make the
car, the tires are from another company, please contact the company why with
this tires our car does not run"... It's an essential part, you have chosen
it, you're using it, you have to know how to make them work...if you don't,
who will?

So.. Does anyone on this list know how to make the Kate part do C indenting
with PHP? Could this person post it and could someone that has access to
kdewebdev site post it to the site afterwards?