List:       quanta
Subject:    Re: [Quanta] vpl-view not working with <!--[if lt IE 7]> ?
From:       Daniel Bauer <linux () daniel-bauer ! com>
Date:       2006-02-19 10:04:48

Am Sonntag, 19. Februar 2006 04:48 schrieb James Ellis:
> Hi Daniel
>
> A separate question to the conditional comment problem - shouldn't the
> VPL just give a guide to what is occurring rather than a matching a
> browser? People browse the web with the browsers you mention, rather
> than the VPL?
>
> Isn't it easier and more accurate to hit save in quanta then press
> refresh in the browser or am I missing something ?
>
> Cheers
> James

Hi James

You are right. This is how I do it, because there are many differences between
a real browser and something like MSIE anyway and I don't expect Quanta to be
a browser or even imitate all the errors in MS products. So I *have* to test
it in browsers and MSIE, of course.

The problem - meanwhile solved by Andras in record time - was, that the VPL
window was just completely empty and the structure tree showed only part of
the page. But that's history now :-)

Anyway I am an absolute beginner in using Quanta. I first have to get used to
it and find out, where Quanta can help me do my job more effective. I'll have
to read all the manuals etc. before I really can say something meaningful
about it. I even don't know where to start with understanding the
advantages... Untill now I go the ineffective way by writing the source code
with kwrite and just use some functions of Quanta from time to time. I guess
this will change with time. I'm on a Linux system since approx. 2 month
only...

regards

Daniel
special interest site: http://www.bauer-nudes.com