List:       quanta
Subject:    Re: [Quanta] Open Recent File List
From:       Jens Herden <jens () kdewebdev ! org>
Date:       2006-01-16 14:02:33

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Hi Linda,

> >I am using Quanta 3.5 and I have a question about the Open Recent file
> >list. How do I turn this off or limit the amount of files it shows? I
> >have gone through the settings and I cannot find anything that will turn
> >this feature off or limit the amount of files it shows.  Right now it is
> >showing the last 30 files I opened.

sorry this is hardcoded to 32 items. You are not able to change this without
compiling yourself.

> I found the file which calls the action but I am not sure if I can just
> remove this option totally from the menu without breaking Quanta. I
> would rather have no File > Open Recent instead of 30 files listed
> there. If there is some way to turn this off in the settings I can't
> find it. ;)
>
> Does anyone know if it will break Quanta if I remove <Action
> name="file_open_recent" /> from the quantaur.rc file?

You can remove this from your ~/.kde/share/apps/quanta/quantaui.rc file. Or
even better just comment it out. Open the file in KWrite, mark the line and
use ctrl+d to comment it out. But there are two entries, one for the menu and
one for the toolbar!

I just tried this and it works here.

It might be a good idea to have settings like this tweakable in the future. If
you think it is a real bug please write a bug report we might be able to
change this for the next release. At least reducing it is very simple ;-)

Jens