List:       quanta
Subject:    Re: [Quanta] Kdewebdev Compile Problem (Apparent kdelibs/Qt version
From:       Eric Laffoon <sequitur () kde ! org>
Date:       2005-11-26 15:36:35

On Friday 25 November 2005 9:42 pm, Christopher Hoover wrote:
> On a fresh install of CentOS 4.2 x86_64, in running ./configure in the main
> directory of the kdewebdev 3.4.3 folder as extracted from download, I
> receive the following error:

>---------------- checking if UIC has KDE plugins available... no
> configure: error:
> you need to install kdelibs first.
>
> If you did install kdelibs, then the Qt version that is picked up by
> this configure is not the same version you used to compile kdelibs.
> The Qt Plugin installed by kdelibs is *ONLY* loadable if it is the
> _same Qt version_, compiled with the _same compiler_ and the same Qt
> configuration settings.
>----------------
>

> Any help in identifying the least intrusive resolution to this would be
> greatly appreciated, as I've rather been looking forward to learning Quanta
> Plus on this system!
>
> Thanks,
>
> Chris

Error messages are generally based on assumptions of whole packages, thus if
the include files have been left out by the distribution to save precious
disk space you need to install "dev" packages for it to see kdelibs.

BTW I run a source based distro and have all of 12 MB of KDE includes. So you
can see why distributions are so concerned about space on your hard disk that
they intentionally remove the header files you need to build programs. ;-)
--
Eric Laffoon - Quanta+ Team Leader
http://quanta.kdewebdev.org