List:       quanta
Subject:    Re: [Quanta] Template like Dreamweaver
From:       frq <tacensi () gmail ! com>
Date:       2005-10-19 11:36:38

James Ellis:
> Hi Alessandro
>
>  If you are wanting to create a new project from existing files why don't
> you just go through the new project steps in quanta and point it at where
> your source is located (e.g local disk, sftp, smb etc). The webprj file will
> be automagically created with the correct information.
>
>  Is this what you want?

I believe it's not quite that, James. I tried to use templates in
DreamWeaver once. It creates areas within your pages. There are
different kind of areas: repeating ones, editable ones, etc. With that
you can change exactly what you want, keeping the overall look of the
page.
What DreamWeaver does is create html comments saying "here begins an
editable area of code" and "here ends an area", etc. The software only
let's you edit an editable area when a page is tied to a template.
I had a terrible experience using that. I believe it's not
DreamWeaver's fault, but my own. I prefer to keep the pages organized,
and in some cases use a simple template with php include files. That's
why I never tried to use templates in Quanta, but I was told it uses a
similar kind of template.

--
--frq--
tacensi[at]gmail.com