List:       quanta
Subject:    Re: [Quanta] Download Ability
From:       "Steve Veltkamp" <bizshop () bizshop ! com>
Date:       2005-10-13 18:51:17

The solutions other have posted here are appreciated, but I think this
should be a feature for Quanta. I'm not a programmer, but it would seem to
be do-able for a utility to:

1. Check filesize and timestamp on remote server
2. Download file if newer before editing.

Especially given Quanta's Quick Upload capability - which is great BTW.

As mentioned, CVS is ideal for development, but not for webmaster service.
Hosted clients have a right to edit their own sites - and I provide
scripts such as htmlarea that allow them to do it. When I need to change
things on their site though, it takes quite a bit of extra time to
manually download each page before editing it.

I've tried to use sitecopy - and maybe I'm missing something, but it seems
much more complex to do than steps one and two above. I'll keep looking at
this..