List:       quanta
Subject:    Re: [Quanta] Handcuffed by FakePage:  No Quanta+ =(
From:       "Your Name" <xzano () xzano ! org>
Date:       2005-07-11 18:27:18

Thank you everybody for taking the time.
Really, thanks for the effort.

> > connects to.  I do have username and password for when it asks.
> > Still, Quanta won't connect.
>
> If Konqueror can read files from the machine, Quanta should do as well.
> They are using the same underlying technology.

The problem is not so simple; I wish it were.
Quanta and Konqueror can browse the machine's filesystem (let's call it
A).  That I can do fine.  The situation is that the webserver and its
folder resides on another hard drive and another machine that answers
all traffic going to A, even though it is not A.

When people here want to edit the site, they open FP which prompts for a
destination site: you type in the machine's Fully Qualified Domain Name
and FP automagically opens a Site Browser, first asking me for user and
password for the shared web folder, and then let's me edit the .html.

This is what I wish Quanta would do.  I can't install anything on that
other machine, no ssh, no ftp.  Just "FP enabled".

I will look into webdav and if that doesn't work, I will live with this
stomach ache until August, when I'll be able to implement my own
deployment of the site.

Thank you, Community;
-h