List:       quanta
Subject:    Re: [Quanta] crash when opening remote file
From:       Andras Mantia <amantia () kde ! org>
Date:       2005-06-27 22:32:10

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Monday 27 June 2005 14:09, Sasha Andric wrote:
> No, I do not use debugger at all. I tried creating new user account
> and running quanta with it and the same stuff happens.

What happens if you try to open a remote file in another way, not from
the Upload Profile trees?

BTW, by looking at the code the debugger does not work with remote files
so it should not try to deal with them (as it does in a buggy form). So
try the following:

quantadoc.cpp, line 241:
quantaApp->debugger()->fileOpened(url.prettyURL(0,
KURL::StripFileProtocol));

change it to:
  if (url.isLocalFile())
    quantaApp->debugger()->fileOpened(url.prettyURL(0,
KURL::StripFileProtocol));

In debuggermanager.cpp:
  ::Document* qdoc = ViewManager::ref()->isOpened(file)->document();
should be changed to
  ::Document* qdoc =
ViewManager::ref()->isOpened(KURL::fromPathOrURL(file))->document();

Real fix is to make the debugger work with remote projects/files or make
sure that it is not trying to work with remote ones if it cannot.

Andras

PS: It's in svn trunk.