List:       quanta
Subject:    Re: [Quanta] moving my settings
From:       "Aaron D. Campbell" <quanta () autotransteam ! com>
Date:       2005-06-24 15:50:42

Eric Laffoon wrote:
> On Thursday 23 June 2005 4:23 pm, Aaron D. Campbell wrote:
>
>>Is there a way to move ALL my quanta settings from one computer to
>>another?  I have version 3.3.1 on one computer (with all my settings in
>>it), and 3.4.1 on another (no settings).  I have some extra shortcut
>>keys set, and a fair amount of setting customized.
>>
>>Thanks
>>Aaron
>
> (For most systems $KDEHOME = ~/.kde)
> Quanta configuration:
> $KDEHOME/share/config/quantarc
> Quanta user data files:
> $KDEHOME/share/apps/quanta/
>
> Quanta system files are in the same location in $KDEDIR and there are some KDE
> and Kate settings but the above gets nearly all you would likely have.

Nearly all, but not quite.  It got things like the fact that when I open
a brace, it automatically closes it.  BUT, I had certain tags modified.
  For example, when I highlighted text, and hit ctrl+b, it didn't add
<b> before, and </b> after.  It added { before, and } after.  I do
almost all php, and use mostly spans/css for styling, so this made a lot
more sense for me.  I could go through and change them all again, but I
have a fair amount to do.  Thanks for the info though, it DID fix most
of it.
--
Aaron D. Campbell
IT Manager