List:       quanta
Subject:    Re: [Quanta] All Hail Quanta!  The ONE TRUE Web Editor!
From:       George Vilches <gav () thataddress ! com>
Date:       2005-06-01 13:52:30

> Then there's Dreamweaver... Well, the Mac version is just freakin' awful
> -- and I'm certainly not gonna start subjecting myself to Windows for
> Dreamweaver or anything else.

I constantly hear this, and I wonder: are these people running MX 2004
with the patch release?  Granted, it's no Quanta, but until Benjamin
Reed gets the KDE native Mac builds a little more usable, and/or Fink
gets the act together on keyboard mappings, Quanta's not really a
solution on that platform yet.  And I've been running DWMX2K4 on Mac
since release day, and with the patches that came out since then, it
runs pretty smoothly, even on much larger documents (the main reason I
have to use it over Quanta on this particular poorly designed web
project that has lots of monolithic files in it, which chokes).

There's always things to complain about with DW, but I don't think speed
is one of those any longer.

George