List:       quanta
Subject:    Re: [Quanta] quanta on gentoo
From:       Eric Laffoon <sequitur () kde ! org>
Date:       2005-03-06 6:37:14

On Saturday 05 March 2005 10:16 am, Werner Joss wrote:
> Am Samstag, 5. März 2005 18:57 schrieb John Dangler:
> > apparently, all versions of quanta on gentoo portage are masked.  I
> > downloaded and installed an earlier version of quanta that was masked,
> > and I ran into so many 'unrelated' issues, that I eventually removed it.
> > is there a particular reason why quanta seems to be masked all the time
> > on gentoo ?
>
> you have to emerge kdewebdev - not quanta !
> the quanta package in portage ist the 3.4_rc1 one, and still masked.
> it is intended for those who don't like the 'big' kde-packages,
> but rather single applications (a new policy now in portage).
> I don't see, however, the benefit of just install quanta without all
> the other helpful stuff in kdewebdev, though :)
>
> werner
Of course some things won't work without other apps, like HTML Quickstart
won't work without Kommander. The last time the module was called quanta was
the 3.2 package. Gentoo is very good about keeping up to date with packages
for kdewebdev and KDE too.
--
Eric Laffoon - Quanta+ Team Leader
http://quanta.sourceforge.net  sequitur@kde.org