List:       quanta
Subject:    Re: [Quanta] quanta on gentoo
From:       Werner Joss <werner () hoernerfranzracing ! de>
Date:       2005-03-05 18:16:33

Am Samstag, 5. März 2005 18:57 schrieb John Dangler:
> apparently, all versions of quanta on gentoo portage are masked.  I
> downloaded and installed an earlier version of quanta that was masked, and
> I ran into so many 'unrelated' issues, that I eventually removed it.  is
> there a particular reason why quanta seems to be masked all the time on
> gentoo ?

you have to emerge kdewebdev - not quanta !
the quanta package in portage ist the 3.4_rc1 one, and still masked.
it is intended for those who don't like the 'big' kde-packages,
but rather single applications (a new policy now in portage).
I don't see, however, the benefit of just install quanta without all
the other helpful stuff in kdewebdev, though :)

werner