List:       kwrite-devel
Subject:    Re: KTextEditor Plugins
From:       Niko Sams <niko.sams () gmail ! com>
Date:       2013-12-23 10:38:47

Hi,

I just wanted to comment on this question:
> Btw., does KDevelop support multiple main windows or is this then again a new \
> process?

The thing is that KDevelop does support multiple main windows in
theory (the shell API supports it)
But basically just the action to open a new window has been removed:
https://projects.kde.org/projects/extragear/kdevelop/kdevplatform/repository/revisions/c4e3e76
 because of bugs caused by multiple main windows.

And this commit finally deleted the action:
https://projects.kde.org/projects/extragear/kdevelop/kdevplatform/repository/revisions/0b5aab3

The Slot that was connected to the action still exists:
https://projects.kde.org/projects/extragear/kdevelop/kdevplatform/repository/revisions/master/annotate/shell/mainwindow_actions.cpp#L98

cheers,
Niko