List:       kwin
Subject:    Re: Compile error with latest master
From:       David Edmundson <david () davidedmundson ! co ! uk>
Date:       2022-04-26 21:52:01

>ther the development
> process currently makes it difficult to contribute. I'm seeing this now from a
> quite different perspective as when I had more time for KWin.

It has always been a trade-off.
Having it so one writes code in ECM and it doesn't get properly tested
in real use by developers till frameworks releases also sucks. I think
this has been a particularly turbulent week for kwin, which isn't
typical.

I'm surprised the Neon experience hasn't really worked out for Neon's
main goal. I think that's the real issue and not really a kwin
specific one.

> If I would try to track everything using kdesrc-build I would even have less time for hacking

I'm not sure how true that is. There's a massive up-front setup cost,
but once that's done, it doesn't take much hand holding.

David