List:       kwin
Subject:    Re: [Kwin] kwin performance (kde 3.2b2)
From:       Timo Kujala <tiku () tiku ! dyndns ! org>
Date:       2004-01-20 9:45:44

>  This is noticeably faster computer than what I have here. And how slow
> exactly is this 'very very slow' supposed to be? Slower than in 3.1? Is slow
> the actual resizing, or the app redrawing? Could you please describe it in
> more detail?

A bit hard to describe, but the movement is jerky. The window just does not
follow the mouse movement, just as if only one tenth of mouse events were
processed.
Under Metacity if I drag a window it will follow the mouse very nicely,
under Kwin, the window follows mouse in steps, which makes movement look
and feel slow.

Uh.. any clearer ? Probably not :) Wish I had a video camera.