List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Request for comment: snapping in kivio / flake
From:       Andrew Dorrell <andrew.dorrell () gmail ! com>
Date:       2009-09-17 4:56:11

On Thursday 17 September 2009 5:34:59 am jaham@gmx.net wrote:
> > 6. Objects should snap during rotation so as to:
> >     a. match the rotation of the object being modified to the rotation of
> >  an existing, previously rotated, object on the page.
>
> This does not exist at the moment and would probably difficult or even
> impossible to implement. Transformations on shapes are kept as
>  transformation  matrices so it would be difficult to extract a rotation
>  from a arbitrary transformation.

True... would require some thought.  Difficult but never impossible.  In truth
the snap I was thinking of is not necessarily "object A has same rotation as
object B".  Probably it is "object A has an edge parallel to an edge in object
B".  Might be a simpler problem to solve.

Do you think it is worth a hack?