List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Request for comment: snapping in kivio / flake
From:       Andrew Dorrell <andrew.dorrell () gmail ! com>
Date:       2009-09-17 4:47:52

On Thursday 17 September 2009 5:34:59 am jaham@gmx.net wrote:
> >     b. align the axis of rotation with multiples of a rotation step size
> >  (say 15 degrees)
>
> There current used rotation step size is 45 degrees, activated when
>  pressing  the alt modifier key while rotating. I think having a second
>  smaller stepsize would be a good idea.

Also very neat - I'm liking it :-)

I think I had to be told about it though.  IMHO it would be intuitive to trat
this like snap to grid and have it switched on and off like all the other snap
modes.

One way to handle different step sizes is to link them to the current zoom
level.  A zoomed out view gets 45 degree steps only; zoomed in 15; really
zoomed in might get 5.  Except that by zoom I really mean the size of the
object relative to the current view-port.  As you note this requires some
knowledge of the view which might be difficult to get?