List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: About libraries...
From:       Andrew Dorrell <andrew.dorrell () gmail ! com>
Date:       2009-08-30 11:36:53

On Sunday 30 August 2009 7:16:48 pm Boudewijn Rempt wrote:
> On Sunday 30 August 2009, Andrew Dorrell wrote:
> > On Sunday 30 August 2009 2:56:41 am Boudewijn Rempt wrote:
>
> I probably overstated: there are really good bits in koffice. It's just
> frustration that after all this work, most application are not nice to use
> and cannot be depended on for real work. I have my share of blame, though.

Yeah, well I can also understand that.  I remain disappointed that koffice
apps have not achieved the required level of reliability - which is very high.
I'm afraid I must take at least as much blame having *not* contributed code
(yet).

> > Can I ask an opinion: would using git make it easier to manage this kind
> > of conflict?  I hear it makes it much simpler to manage larger number of
> > branches.
>
> I would make it certainly much more visible what everyone is working on
> while they are working on it -- right now, if there is something big going
> on nobody really knows unless you talk about it on irc or the mailing list.

Perhaps this would be something to consider in the near future planning then?
The Amorok developers seem to be very happy having moved to git.  And it does
seem like it would help to minimise this kind of conflict.  If tools can do
that then there is even more patience to go into coding ;-)