List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: About libraries...
From:       Thomas Zander <zander () kde ! org>
Date:       2009-08-30 10:02:19

On Sunday 30. August 2009 09.15.07 Andrew Dorrell wrote:
> On Sunday 30 August 2009 2:56:41 am Boudewijn Rempt wrote:
> > We have had three, almost four
> > really bad years that have resulted in a really bad product, and I
> > think it's because of this rule, and because people feel that undoing
> > other people's work is doing the work, too.
>
> Hey, perspective of a newcomer: this is not very encouraging talk to hear
> from significant contributors.   Especially when koffice doesn't seem to
> have a very large developer community (for the scope of the project).

The statement you quoted is not a shared sentiment, I don't think its fair
and reasonable what Boudewijn is saying there about the KOffice community.

As I have been working in the libraries and designed and worked with many
over their lifetime (which is lots longer than those 4 years) I have not
seen any more than normal amount of rewrites. And, frankly, I think the
amount of rewrites was below the norm.

--
Thomas Zander