List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Bugs in OOo and compatibility issues
From:       Jan Hambrecht <jaham () gmx ! net>
Date:       2009-02-25 10:20:24

Cyrille Berger wrote:
> On Wednesday 25 February 2009, Jan Hambrecht wrote:
>> Yes that is my concern too. If we are to read faulty odf files we should
>> provide a way (maybe a popup dialog?) to inform the user that the opened
>> file is buggy in regard to the odf spec.
> While it might be self satisfactory for us to inform the user that OOo is
> buggy, I don't think the user will care.

Then i fail to see how we would "put pressure" on OOo. The user would
certainly not read a website or some pr material, because as you rightly
said: "I don't think the user will care.".

Ciao Jan

PS: One a similar matter regarding strokes in odg, the OOo developer
proposed to change the spec. Food for thought i think.