List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: KImageShop development
From:       Shawn Gordon <shawn-gordon () home ! com>
Date:       2000-08-23 12:15:39

Thomas wrote:

> Hi, welcome to this exciting place. I envy someone getting paid to do this
> stuff!
>

> > One of the things we will be adding is direct support for digital
> > cameras.
>
> I saw a thread on kde-devel some months ago where a OSS project was a long
> way about doing that allready.
>
> I mean, it HAS to be done so that all software in KDE can use an importer
> like that.
>
> Head to developer.kde.org and check the mailinglist kde-devel, search for
> kodak or digital camera or something like that.
>
> --
> Thomas Zander                                            zander@earthling.net
> The only thing worse than failure is the fear of trying something new

Actually, we were going to work with the gPhoto people on a port of
their GNOME based project (probably) www.gphoto.org.  Our biggest
problem so far is that the version of the code that we were able to get,
won't even begin to run.  We've spent some time just trying to find out
what the problem is, so we were really hoping there might be a todo
list, or bug list somewhere that could speed things along a bit.

Thanks,
Shawn