List:       koffice
Subject:    Close/Quit/Close all Views
From:       Werner Trobin <wtrobin () mandrakesoft ! com>
Date:       2000-08-23 10:55:01

Hi!

I don't know why this has been changed again, but we
can't leave it as it is done now.

IMHO there should be:
1) File -> Close *or* File -> Quit:
This one should close one shell. If there is only one
shell for the document the document is closed too.

2) View -> Close All Views:
This one closes all views of a document - i.e. all the
shells and the document.

Right now File -> Quit leaves the user with a plain
shell and doesn't even close the document (i.e. when
more than one view is opened). This is irritating and
useless! Why would anyone want to have a plain shell?

Regarding the "close the application" issue: According
to our Style Guide the user shouldn't know wether his
two windows are one process or two. Therefore it's not
good to have something which quits the process.

David? Waldo?

--
Werner Trobin - wtrobin@mandrakesoft.com