List:       kde-www
Subject:    Re: KDE website source code question
From:       Sebastian =?iso-8859-15?q?K=FCgler?= <sebas () kde ! org>
Date:       2007-02-11 22:08:37

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Hi Gert,

On Friday 09 February 2007 20:15:16 Gert Renckens wrote:
> I'm using parts of the layout of the KDE website for my own website.
> But I can't find where in the source code of the KDE website the "stars" at
> the top and the bottom of the site are generated.
> Can you tell me what code makes those "stars" (I'm talking about the star
> in the blue banner with "K desktop environment" on it and the same star in
> the grey bar at the bottom of the site)

Please note that we would rather not have our website look copied. It's part
of the KDE brand, and as such the distinct image of KDE. So please refrain
from copying the KDE look for your own website. If you're building a KDE
related website, it's a good idea to sync with the KDE webteam anyway so a
solution can be worked out.

Also, for KDE-related sites, we encourage to use the existing framework and
work together closely with the people already involved. There has gone quite
some work into the websites into the past, and a wildgrowth of websites
(especially when parts are 'just copied') is a maintenance nightmare.

Thanks,
--
sebas

Political language [...] is designed to make lies sound truthful and murder
respectable, and to give an appearance of solidity to pure wind. - George
Orwell, 1984