List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] Article about Baloo
From:       David Edmundson <david () davidedmundson ! co ! uk>
Date:       2014-02-18 21:49:04

I think the important thing is to remember is that the promo team
should be using their relevant expertise to help the developer achieve
the promotional goals the developer has, I'm concerned that due to
Vishesh's lack of availability we risk accidentally imposing our own
agenda.

Vishesh gave me the distinct impression that he wanted to put some
distance between Nepomuk and Baloo. Vishesh certainly isn't stupid and
I'm sure well aware of the pros and cons to both approaches, we
discussed them at length in the office on many occasions. Vishesh is
certainly going to have the best awareness of the public perception of
Nepomuk out of any of us here and probably knows best.

Personally, I think it is a mistake to continue pushing Nepomuk on the
premise that we have already put a lot of effort into branding
Nepomuk. It's a very deliberate change of tact in the code and IMHO
that should be reflected in how we publish it.

Knowing the codebase somewhat, the design objectives between the two
are very different; there is no semantic linking between objects, just
independent fast search stores in various places. I think it's
important that developers to see them as being different so they do
re-evaluate it's usefulness for their project. From a developer point
of view, they are very different.

Lets check our goals align with Vishesh's before we try and come up
with a plan on how to achieve it.

David