List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] Plasma Next Naming
From:       Ivan =?utf-8?B?xIx1a2nEhw==?= <ivan.cukic () kde ! org>
Date:       2014-01-17 18:02:47

> > I don't necessarily think it would be bad to see the name in the about
> > dialogue "Plasma 2014 June (Gargoylefish)" and in BKO,
>
> ... then it is not for friends but for the public.

Well, yes and no.

From my point of view, people who actually read the about dialogues and write
bko reports are a part of the (extended) family. Some time ago we decided that
KDE is a greater community of contributors in the sense of not only
developers, but also artists, translators, bug reporters etc.

For me, the nick-name could be a thing of the truly geeky subgroups of our
community. Something analogous to 'what is the name of the second companion of
the third Doctor' in the Doctor Who universe.

With that said, I don't know whether there is any actual benefit in having
those. I wouldn't lose any sleep over a decision to go only for the year/month
thing.

Cheerio,
Ivan

--
Acting is merely the art of keeping a large group of people from coughing.
  -- Sir Ralph Richardson