List:       kde-licensing
Subject:    Re: [kde-licensing] What is the license of oxygen icons? [POSSIBLE LICENSE VIOLATION]
From:       Jonathan Riddell <jr () jriddell ! org>
Date:       2014-05-16 11:12:40

The icons as distributed by KDE are LGPL 3
http://techbase.kde.org/Projects/Oxygen/Licensing

But from the now defunct oxygen-icons website:
"Oxygen icon theme is dual licensed. You may copy it under the
Creative Common Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License or the GNU Library
General Public License."

So it's not a problem to copy them using the CC licence.

Jonathan