List:       kde-licensing
Subject:    What is the license of oxygen icons? [POSSIBLE LICENSE VIOLATION]
From:       Matthew Woehlke <mw_triad () users ! sourceforge ! net>
Date:       2014-05-08 20:56:24

oxygen-icons.org seems to have disappeared, making it harder to know a
definitive answer.

I'm trying to determine what is the actual licensing of the oxygen
icons, in connection to possible violations thereof. Specifically,
http://openiconlibrary.sourceforge.net/ claims they are dual-licensed as
CC-BY-SA 3.0, but I am unable to confirm this claim, and Wikipedia,
Fedora and http://techbase.kde.org/Projects/Oxygen/Licensing all claim
that they are licensed *only* under LGPL. (Additionally, COPYING in the
tarballs only gives LGPL.)

Is there any truth to the CC-BY-SA claim? If not, is there someone to
whom I should be reporting this violation?

(It's worse than just openiconlibrary; who knows how many users are
using the icons in violation of LGPL...)

--
Matthew