List:       kde-kuml-devel
Subject:    Re: kUML status?
From:       "Darius Stachow" <dstachow () gmx ! net>
Date:       2001-11-18 18:50:58

Hi Oswin,

----- Original Message -----
From: "Oswin Ondarza" <superticky@hotmail.com>
To: <kuml-devel@barney.cs.uni-potsdam.de>
Sent: Friday, November 16, 2001 8:48 PM

> hi,
>
> does anyone knows about a good UML designer for linux ???
>
> i have DIA, but i want to know if there is another better solution
There is another open source UML project for KDE called UML modeler. I have
reverse engineered the code to check out where they are. The design is
comparable with the very very first version of kUML and they will get
problems as soon as they need more flexibility (the same problem we had)
But they are able to load and save models in an proprioritary file format.
XMI support will be very hard to implement for them with their current
design.