List:       kde-kimageshop
Subject:    Re: SelectionTool
From:       Matthias Elter <me () main-echo ! net>
Date:       1999-08-18 17:24:11

On Wed, 18 Aug 1999, Michael Koch wrote:
> Am Mit, 18 Aug 1999 schrieb Sven Fischer:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > as my first attempt on writing code for KImageShop I wanted to try to
> > write a Selection Tool, at first rectangle selection. Since I don't
> > want to dig through the whole code by myself, I think you can help me
> > a bit:
> >
> > To show the selected region one has to draw the rectangle above the
> > pictures...I would think of a special always-on-top-layer which is not
> > shown in the layers dialog. Or is there another way already planned
> > for such "drawing"?
>
> I think a LAYER is too much overhead. The canvasview-widget should draw it
> directly.
>
> Matthias, Andrew : What do you think ?

Yes, use a simple QPainter to draw it directly on the canvasview widget. By the way, make sure
to use a QRegion Object to store the selection region.

Sven: Feel free to contact me in case you have questions/problems. And by the
way, if you have free time...we need a "new" dialog similar to the one in GIMP.
Make it a normal KDialog (no KFD) . We need widgets to select height/width of
the new image, color mode (RGB/CMYK/LAB/GrayScale) and background fill options.

--
Matthias Elter
me@kde.org / me@main-echo.net