List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: K3b - my apologies
From:       Andrea Rizzi <rizzi () sns ! it>
Date:       2004-01-27 11:37:40

> It would help a great deal if translators would notify the authors (just
> send an email to the kdeextragear mailinglist) if they worked on a
> translation. At the moment I have no clue if, for example, Kile is
> translated into Danish.
Why you have no clue?
There is a CVS and a stat web page. You can easly see if your application is
translated or not.
I see no reason to ask each translator to send you an email if he is working.
We (the translators) have often no clue of extragear applications release
schedules. But you can always see the status of a translation.

> Some teams translate extragear, some don't. Further
> more, I have my own list of people who do translations outside of a
> i18n-team.
This is  the worst thing.
When you put your application in kdeextragear module you should send an email
to your own translators and say them "Please join the KDE translation teams".
It easy for you (you have the list of translator) to do that while it is quite
difficult to me to know if a extragear application translation is "in
progress" somewhere else.
We often search on application web page, old application versions, or write to
one of the program author to know if the application is already translated.
Consider that each kde team should do that in order to know if the
application already has a translator for their language.

I think we should define better the extragear policy.

Bye
Andrea