List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: K3b - my apologies
From:       Jeroen Wijnhout <Jeroen.Wijnhout () kdemail ! net>
Date:       2004-01-24 14:38:06

On Saturday 24 January 2004 15:10, Erik K. Pedersen wrote:
> Lørdag 24 januar 2004 06:36   skrev Sebastian Trueg:
> > And I hope this will never happen again.
>
> Well if it happens too often there will obviously be few translations. I
> wonder how the transklations are released in kdeextragear. Are they
> automatically installed for all languages if you compile the tarball.

Typically, yes. At least, that is what I do with Kile.

> Sometimes I wonder if the translations in kdeextragear go anywhere

It would help a great deal if translators would notify the authors (just send
an email to the kdeextragear mailinglist) if they worked on a translation. At
the moment I have no clue if, for example, Kile is translated into Danish.
Some teams translate extragear, some don't. Further more, I have my own list
of people who do translations outside of a i18n-team. It is a mess basically.

IMHO, this mess is partially responsible for the current problem with K3b.
Because kdeextragear is not part of the KDE release cycle, there needs to be
more communication between the translation teams and the kdeextragear
developers. Also, there is no reason why scripty shouldn't update the
kdeextragear pot/po files right now.

best,
Jeroen

--
Kile - an Integrated LaTeX Environment for KDE
http://kile.sourceforge.net