List:       kde-devel
Subject:    mico 2.2.7 ?
From:       Simon Hausmann <tronical () gmx ! net>
Date:       1999-06-12 8:15:49

Hi,

Are there any objections against switching to the new mico 2.2.7 ?

Advantages:
- speed improvement!
- koffice.cc/h gets generated by the IDL compiler again
  (->bug in IDL compiler is fixed)

The necessary changes for the switch are quit minimal, compared to the
2.2.3 -> 2.2.6 switch, but nevertheless I see not clean way to support
both versions (and I see no reason ;-) .

The changes in particular:
- changes in the MAPPING_* macros of the KOM event handling in komBase.h,
  related to the CORBA::Any changes in MICO
- Changes in all apps which use the "plain" MAPPING macro:
  In all type specifications with _var types, the _var becomes _ptr to
  ensure that the extracted value is not freed.
- update for the mediators for BOA/POA in
  * kdelibs/corba/parts
  * kdelibs/corba/kded
- I also saw some small, CORBA::Any related, changes in kscript.
  (in ksUnpack in the extraction of CORBA objects and typecodes
   -> use _ptr instead of _var . Torben, can you verify this? )

Opinions?

Ciao,
  Simon

--