List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: about our attitude towards M$ windows
From:       aleXXX <alexander.neundorf () rz ! tu-ilmenau ! de>
Date:       1999-06-01 9:10:59

weis@stud.uni-frankfurt.de wrote:

> Hi,
>
> This must be some kind of misunderstanding. The tool looks nice.
> Dont have a second windows machine to test it, but I believe you :-)
>
> However, think about a better name. One would not suggest this kind
> of cool functionality behind that name.

:-)

> After that I dont see a reason why we should not put it in some
> KDE CVS tree != kdenonbeta. Since people seem to use it
> (following the quotes you attached ) it seems to run somehow stable, or ?

I think so.

> Dont be frustrated. I think that problem will solve itself very fast.
>
> Any suggestions for a better name ?
>
> Bye
> Torben

I received the following suggestions:

KNN (KDE Network Neighbourhood)
kLanmon
kLanManager (it doesn't actually "manage" anything)
kLMBrowse       (sounds really ugly)

KNN I like most, but it doesn't sound so good.

Further suggestions ?

Is there anybody with access to a Novell Netware or a Appletalk LAN ?
I started support for Novell but I can't test it, can anybody help me ?

Is there a function (IP or ICMP) which I can use to detect all running hosts
in my LAN ?
(something  like a broadcast and every running host answers me, something
like "ping all")

Bye
Alex