List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Naming KDE 2
From:       Alex Zepeda <garbanzo () hooked ! net>
Date:       1999-05-31 19:28:27

On Mon, 31 May 1999, David Faure wrote:

> Please everybody keep in mind that the whole earth isn't
> going to a new millenium. This is a very occidental Christian-world thing.
> A lot of people isn't going to year 2000 at the end of this one.

And a lot of Christians believe that we're already at the year 2004, or
that the new millenium starts at 2001.  Should we bow to them?  To me, the
current date is not a religious thing... Unix itself is based on this type
of calendar.  Besides, a few billion seconds from the epoch doesn't sound
nearly as cool.

- alex

I thought felt your touch
In my car, on my clutch
But I guess it's just someone who felt a lot like I remember you.
  - Translator