List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Roll over in KToolBar
From:       Sven Radej <sven () lisa ! exp ! univie ! ac ! at>
Date:       1999-05-31 15:32:57

On Mon, 31 May 1999, Matt Koss wrote:
(...)
>Rollover buttons change their pixmap when the mouse is over them.
>This means that you need two pixmaps for each button.
>You can see it in Netscape when you enter some toolbar button, it get's kind of
>highlighted, but actually it is the second pixmap.
>
>You might say that it's a waste of resources, but as I said, it's very easy to
>implement, and some applications could use it.
Easy to implement. yes. There is even support for that in Qt (QIconSet, but it
didn't work quite nice last time I tried, which was about Qt-1.40, I think)

I wouldn't say it is waste of resources. But, I'd like tohave features like
this to be covered in our style guide. That is all apps should - if user
selects so - have rollover icons in their toolbars or none.

I wouldn't like to see that only one or few apps look differently then other
ones (Like KSirc, which has timer in munebar).
This means that we need two sets of icons - at least pair normal/highlighted
for each button (disabled  pixmap can be generated).
--
Sven Radej      radej@kde.org
KDE developer   Visit http://www.kde.org