List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Proposal...
From:       Kurt Granroth <granroth () kde ! org>
Date:       1999-04-14 1:26:34

Bavo De Ridder wrote:
> I have finally written a draft for KDE DB. You can find it at the following
> http://ace.ulyssis.student.kuleuven.ac.be/~bavo/KDE_DB/kde_db.txt
>
> Please have a look at it, if anything is unclear, or just plain stupid.
> Don't hesitate to blame it on my poor english and ask me (personally or on
> this list).
>
> The faster reactions come in, the faster I can start coding for a production
> version and the faster the KDE can make use of it.

Actually, I think it should go the OTHER way.  The faster you code a working
version, the faster you'll get reactions.

No offense intended, but your draft really doesn't say all that much.  You are
essentially describing a very generic object database.  There's nothing at all
suprising or new in it.

SO, the only way it has any relevence at all to KDE is if you code a working
implementation of it.  THEN, I guarantee that you'll get all the comments you
can handle :-)
--
Kurt Granroth
granroth@kde.org