List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: CORBA in mail clients (was Re: CORBA Book)
From:       Simon Hausmann <tronical () gmx ! net>
Date:       1999-04-11 17:28:06

On Sun, 11 Apr 1999 weis@stud.uni-frankfurt.de wrote:
[...]
> I have some comments:
>
> a) looks nice for a first draft
> b) I think TextLine is a good idea, BUTTH: It means that every line is a
>    CORBA object. That is expensive since it causes overhead in the
>    POA/BOA.
>    I think the more efficent ( but not so nice looking ) approach is to
>    move the TextLine functions in the document and add a new parameter
>    that tells about the linenumber to use.

Yes, that's one thing I did not think of and I agree with merging the
TextLine functions into the document interface, that's definitely a
better solution.

Nevertheless the problem is IMO: There needs to be someone who volunteers
to implement such an interface :-)

Is there any developer here who wants to do this?
I'm willing to help with the implementation and KOM/OP stuff if
appreciated.

Ciao,
 Simon