List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: CORBA in mail clients (was Re: CORBA Book)
From:       Rik Hemsley <rik () rikkus ! demon ! co ! uk>
Date:       1999-04-09 14:30:39

Simon Hausmann wrote:
[...]
> But in regard to a componentificated text editor I suggest having a look
> at KWrite:
> - KWrite is based on the document view model (making adaptions to
>   OpenParts's document view model easier IMO)
> - is seems to be very good (!) documented

If KWrite had vi+emacs keys (perhaps it's already doing some emacs, I
don't use it), it would be ideal as an open part. I think most
developers probably use vim or emacs. Editors like NEdit, jed, joe etc
all have keybindings similar to emacs or to standard KDE keys anyway, I
believe.

Cheers,
Rik

--
http://without.netpedia.net
'Every centimetre one moves from an erroneous first principle takes one