List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: CORBA in mail clients (was Re: CORBA Book)
From:       Rik Hemsley <rik () rikkus ! demon ! co ! uk>
Date:       1999-04-08 13:39:01

uwe@uwix.alt.na wrote:

> Think of it the other way round. Wouldn't it be cute  if you could plug
> in an MP3 player in case you got such an attachment? Just as an example.

Personally, no, but yes I know many people would like this sort of
thing.

> There are a lot of standalone boxes with dialup accounts and POP
> mail boxes at their ISPs. Most of them don't run sendmail because
> they don't need it.

Ok thanks I have actually designed for mailing direct to SMTP for this
very reason, with my perception of what CORBA means at the back of my
mind. Waldo has confirmed what I thought. It looks like however hard the
understanding and learning of CORBA will be, at least I have written
Empath in such a way that plugging in the implementation shouldn't
require much internal redesign.

--
http://without.netpedia.net