List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Addressbook Database
From:       Mike Pilone <mpilone () slac ! com>
Date:       1999-04-06 15:35:38

I saw that everyone is pushing ODBC as the database. I looked around and I
couldn't really find a good reference for it. All I did find was that I
had to download iODBC, libodbc++, MySQL. I don't really know how to set
any of these up and I was wondering if there was something I missed. Is
there a simple way to do this? I don't think we can expect a user to have
to go through all this work just to use an addressbook application.

Anyone who knows ODBC, could you comment on ease of use and a place to
find some info on it. I'd like to play around with it and see if it is as
good as everyone says.

thanks,
-mike