List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Moving kde-workspace -> scriptengines/python to python 3
From:       Wolfgang Mader <Wolfgang.Mader () fdm ! uni-freiburg ! de>
Date:       2012-02-27 3:29:15

Dear kde-devel list,

I tried to compile kde-workspace in a python 3 environment and encountered
statements which are only valid for python 2. For example

File                              Statment     Statement p3
plasma_importer.py     exec            exec()
plasmascript.py           print            print()

The major difference we face here is the functional form which is the only one
allowed in python 3 for some statements. As far as I know, this form is also
valid for python 2. I would be happy to prepare python2->python3 transition
patches whenever I came across a problem. Therefore, I am asking here if such
patches would be welcome and if there is someone to turn to in case of
questions and to assure quality.

Please cc me, since I am currently not on list.

All the best,
Wolfgang