List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Crash info with no stack trace
From:       Thomas_Lübking <thomas.luebking () gmail ! com>
Date:       2012-01-26 16:03:13

Am 26.01.2012, 10:33 Uhr, schrieb Lindsay Mathieson
<lindsay.mathieson@gmail.com>:

> Is this more helpful? I attached after startup but the crash didn't
> happen for
> quite some time - maybe half an hour. While I was switching between apps
> everything froze up for a few seconds and gdb showed the segfault

It's at least similar to the pending thread crashes in bug #281955 (both)
and pretty much bug #281964

Since the other crashes lead to segfaults in malloc(), read(), select(),
pthread_cond_wait(), and yours into a statement in QMutex (given you're
using Qt 4.8) which is completely crash safe (or if not 4.7 in a dangeling
d pointer?), i'd say here's clearly some stack corruption which seems to
point libsoprano or thread handling, but could also be due to an invalid
(outdated and ABI incompatible) plugin library or ABI incompatible soprano
version... *shrug*

-> how did you obtain KDE 4.8 and did you get updates for libsoprano with
that as well?

Cheers,
Thomas

PS: i'm not aware that one would require root permissions to load the
debug symbols from the other library, sounds like their permissions are
not set correctly.