List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Need help profiling kreversi
From:       Dominik Raddatz <dominik.raddatz () freenet ! de>
Date:       2011-07-31 4:02:18

Hi Everyone,

on my netbook kreversi plays too slow. To see where it spends too much time I
want to profile it with gprof.
Oprofile does work, but it doesn't tell me whether functions are called too
often or are running too slow.

Therefore I need to specify -pg to the compiler.

Where do I have to do that using the "default cmakekde"-script?
There is a local CMakeCache.txt, but it doesn't seem to be used.

Where can I see which compiler options were actually being used for which file?

How do I invoke targets other than default (like debug or profile) as mentioned
in the documentation?

Is there documentation describing in more detail how the KDE build process
works and which files are accessed in which order?

Thanks
Dominik