List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: [GSOC] Project Idea : KDCPP( KDE Kross DC Plus Plus)
From:       Rohit Yadav <rohityadav89 () gmail ! com>
Date:       2010-03-29 2:49:09

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

Hey Nikhil,

They are not proposing a new file sharing protocol, the proposed xml
protocol was to communicate b/w GUI and daemon, not b/w DC++ hubs/clients.
Read the mail again.

The present solutions like Valknut, linuxdc++ etc. fail on multiple levels.
If anyone knows any satisfactory solution, share with us. The only good
client, I think, Jucy DC++ is written in java, so is slow. I think this will
be a very good project to implement.

What do the KDE devel folks think?
Besides, DC++ is the most common file sharing systems in colleges and
student groups; and there is need for a DC++ client software that matches
the levels of Strong DC++. From my side, I'm looking forward to a client
with faster hashing, multisegment downloading and advance searching
features.

Best,
Rohit