Hey Nikhil,

They are not proposing a new file sharing protocol, the proposed xml protocol was to communicate b/w GUI and daemon, not b/w DC++ hubs/clients.
Read the mail again.

The present solutions like Valknut, linuxdc++ etc. fail on multiple levels. If anyone knows any satisfactory solution, share with us. The only good client, I think, Jucy DC++ is written in java, so is slow. I think this will be a very good project to implement.

What do the KDE devel folks think?
Besides, DC++ is the most common file sharing systems in colleges and student groups; and there is need for a DC++ client software that matches the levels of Strong DC++. From my side, I'm looking forward to a client with faster hashing, multisegment downloading and advance searching features.

Best,
Rohit