List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: [OT] A mockup of Konqueror
From:       Boudewijn Rempt <boud () valdyas ! org>
Date:       2006-03-14 18:06:52

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Tuesday 14 March 2006 17:30, Alexander Dymo wrote:

> I very much like the idea of hidden menus but I'd add one menu button near
> the "menu" for bookmarks. Bookmarks are useful in file manager too.
> And I'd prefer different bookmarks for file and web browsers.

Actually, hiding the menubar is a pretty bad move: it makes the application
almost inpenetrable for beginners and doesn't save anything for
intermediates. (According to Alan Cooper, who's About Face I'm reading now.)

> > http protocol the "up" button disappear
>
> no, please not!

Indeed, the up button may irritate a lot of website owners, but it's an
essential weapon in the arsenal of the savvy website user.

--
Boudewijn Rempt
http://www.valdyas.org/fading/index.cgi