List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Using khtml_part and meta refresh headers
From:       David Faure <faure () kde ! org>
Date:       2005-01-06 22:43:37

On Thursday 30 December 2004 09:36, John Morton wrote:
> On Thu, 23 Dec 2004 09:37, David Faure wrote:
> >  On Wednesday 22 December 2004 21:25, John Morton wrote:
> >  > >  >     doc->setMetaRefreshEnabled(useMetaRefresh);
> >  > >
> >  > >  Which is true I assume?
> >  >
> >  > Yes :-) Toggling the control for the javascript support works as
> >  > expected.
> >
> >  Sounds unrelated. I would make double sure that it's true before debugging
> > anything else.
>
> kdebug tells me that the metaRefresh flag is set, and now I have debug built
> kde libraries I'm also seeing a call to the KHTMLPart::scheduleRedirection
> method. A little later, after the first page load, I see
> KHTMLPart::slotRedirect() and KHTMLPart::urlSelected() debug messages but the
> action stops there. I think urlSelected wants to do something that it can't,
> but can do within konqueror, as the reload works fine inside konqueror.

That would be: KHTMLPart emits it's KParts::BrowserExtension's openURLRequest
signal, then, which you have to connect to and open the given URL. If it's just about reloads
you can always ask the same khtmlpart to open the URL. The idea is that when clicking
on a link it might point to something of a different mimetype - e.g. an image, a PDF,
a text file, etc. in which case it might be necessary to open the URL another way.

> Unfortunately, konqueor's debug output includes a lot of kio noise that the
> screensaver doesn't, even though they're both happily loading the page.

You can turn the KIO output off using kdebugdialog.