List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Using khtml_part and meta refresh headers
From:       John Morton <jwm () eslnz ! co ! nz>
Date:       2004-12-30 8:36:11

On Thu, 23 Dec 2004 09:37, David Faure wrote:
>  On Wednesday 22 December 2004 21:25, John Morton wrote:
>  > >  >     doc->setMetaRefreshEnabled(useMetaRefresh);
>  > >
>  > >  Which is true I assume?
>  >
>  > Yes :-) Toggling the control for the javascript support works as
>  > expected.
>
>  Sounds unrelated. I would make double sure that it's true before debugging
> anything else.

kdebug tells me that the metaRefresh flag is set, and now I have debug built
kde libraries I'm also seeing a call to the KHTMLPart::scheduleRedirection
method. A little later, after the first page load, I see
KHTMLPart::slotRedirect() and KHTMLPart::urlSelected() debug messages but the
action stops there. I think urlSelected wants to do something that it can't,
but can do within konqueror, as the reload works fine inside konqueror.

>  > Time to figure out how to get debugging work :-) Give the amount of time
>  > I've spent fighting the build system, can you give me some pointers to
>  > get me started?
>
>  Compile kdelibs yourself (without --disable-debug) and then
>  1) to see what KHTML is doing, start konqueror from a terminal and watch
> the stderr output 2) to see what your program is doing... well I'm not sure
> if a screensaver can be started from a terminal. If not (i.e. KDE starts
> it), then you can probably find its output in ~/.xsession-errors, assuming
> that you use xdm or kdm. If you use startx, redirect its output :)

Screensavers are basically stand alone apps that can output to the root window
or a specific window id, so debuging is fairly straight forward.

Unfortunately, konqueor's debug output includes a lot of kio noise that the
screensaver doesn't, even though they're both happily loading the page.

Unless anyone has any bright ideas, I might just wait until kde 3.3 hits
debian testing and hope the problem has been fixed. If not, I guess I'll
start stuffing debug calls all over urlSelected and grab the konqueor source.

John